Thursday, July 2, 2009

kids kids kids!!

Today was not a good day w/my older two kids, really the last few weeks hasn't been good w/them. I'm really hoping it's just their age but sometimes I wonder. To start w/Bryce 10 has just been getting mouthy a lot more than usual and anytime you ask him to do something so minor, it's like he is sooo overworked, it's ridiculous. Now to my bad day w/my kids on Tuesday, Shoe Carnival was having their "buy 1 get 1 1/2 off deal and I thought ok school is starting soon and they need shoes and so we'll go and make it fun, plus I had somethings to return at the mall and my friend Jen lives in Bloomington and she also is a stay-at-home mom w/3 girls so I thought we could meet at a park w/all the kids and let them be crazy since it was just a beautiful day. I get side tracked, so back to my horrible day w/Bryce and my daughter Kamryn 9. So we get to Shoe Carnival and I started w/Kamryn and she found her pair no problem (didn't have a big selection for girls, which was kind of weird) and then off to Bryce's size but they measured his foot and he needed to move up to adult men's, so while we were checking out the shoes, he was picking out ugly and I do mean ugly shoes, so trying to let him pick out his own shoes, gave him so other ideas, there was probably 6-8 different pairs but he was pissy when he couldn't have that certain pair that was nasty. No appreciation from him at all, finally he picked a pair out of choices I gave him oh yeah and no thank you from Bryce but Kamryn did say right away "thank you". So we leave there and head to the mall, I returned what I needed to return and I saw that Aeropostale was having a good sale and both kids like their style, so we stopped in. I let Kamryn pick out 2 t-shirts, since they buy 1 get 1 free (nice) I didn't even care which 2, anybody who knows me, knows I usually always pick out my kids stuff, they're usually not w/me (love online shopping) then Bryce picks out his polo shirt and what a shocker still no thank u's, this time from either of them. We leave there and I remembered that I needed to use up my American Eagle gift card b4 they started docking my balance, so we went into there and I use my giftcard on them (granted my decision but they need school clothes more than I do) my theory is I like my children to look good plus I don't work, why do I need to dress w/name brand when most of the time, I will have a stain on it by the end of the day, for sure. Again, I'm side tracked. So I'm in there looking around, really wasn't in there too long because babies were getting wild in their stroller. So I finish paying and looking around for Bryce and Kamryn and they are nowwhere to be seen, so I step outside the store, nothing, go back inside to see if I missed them on the couch, nothing, go back outside the store and here they are around the corner by JCPenny playing w/the pay phone. It took all I had in me not to yell at them in the mall but I wasn't going to be one of those moms, they knew when I started talking w/out my lips moving they were in trouble, so they got the lecture that they didn't ask my permission to even leave the store and what about if something or someone tried somethings, I truly think that Bryce thinks that 1 since he's 10 and 2 since he's a tall 10yr old that he's like an adult but he's completly wrong. The kids had known already that after the mall we were planning on meeting Jen and her girls so my theory was, I'm not going to have them ruin my time w/my friend, so I told them that since I spent money on the already on shoes/shirts w/no thank u's that I wasn't going to buy them lunch but I would for the babies and I, they knew there were snacks in the diaper bag they could have but I did get them a tap water (free). We then met w/Jen and her girls at the park and when we were pulling up I realized that I had 4gotten the twins sandals at home, my brain is in overload i think. Todd and I need a vacation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment